Friday, November 6, 2009

Final Reflection on Class

“WOW”, - seems like I’ve been continually saying that for the past 7-8 weeks! I think my “reflections” are very similar to so many others. Talk about huge mental and technology leaps! I knew there was a lot I didn’t know… now I’ve been assured of that! Luckily the instructions were well done, even if I had to listen to them a number of times to get the steps right!

This exposure to all these new (to me) technologies and the explanation of Web 2.0, has been almost what could be considered… Satori (enlightenment!) Even with some of my confusion and “whinging”, I have acquired new views on the technologies and an amazing set of ideas and skills to carry me into the future!

For instance, I now can see /view the benefits of “blogging”, especially in the educational arena, in a totally different light and have changed my perception of what I had “thought” a blog was, and could be used for.

I liked the spread of the topics that were covered. I have great expectations for the Podcasting and Jing in my training and business, and can see all sorts of opportunities for their use. I’m still looking at ways to use the Blogs and Wikis. I have a great IDEA for the Wiki - but since a lot of my students are very basic beginners, who can’t even click the mouse or type yet, I’m having to rethink how I can use it. Also, I will want to incorporate the Photosharing information with students… so still working that one out too.

It’s been interesting to see how “easy” it is to create some of these very “professional” outputs.
NOW, I know how the other people did it! I used to see the results when surfing the web and wondered how I could accomplish the same thing. Now I KNOW! Thanks !!.

And, yes, I along with some others were wondering at times if I’d make it to the end but as usual we all rise to the challenge and have learned an amazing amount of skills I’m sure we will all put to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment